Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FINALLY I HAVE INTERNET!

okay, so my internet has been terrible for the past two weeks. I am literally having to get up early to get any kind of decent signal. And even then it takes FOREVER! But I finally have enough to upload pictures so that I can complete my assignment! yay!!
so McDonalds....
This past saturday, some friends and I ventured to nearby Clermont-Ferrand, France. Our first stop? McDonalds. How excited we were to have a cheeseburger and a mcflurry! (of course I was sad because my favorite is a reeses mcflurry and the French do not believe in peanut butter) But none the less, I was beyond pumped! Upon entering, we were surprised at how much more modern and cool the decor was then the ones in America. I mean sure in the states we have upgraded to the "McCafe" versions, but still....this McDonalds was three stories...THREE and it was packed! I mean literally it took us 15 minutes to order! But this is the best thing about McDonalds and being a student...if you purchase a meal and show your student ID card you get a free sandwich (the same one your ordered in your meal) So hello saving money and splitting meals between two people, well only if you are a girl, the guys demolished two sandwiches....no surprise. But the favorite thing of the guys in the group was that they could order beer with their big macs. I do believe at one point every guy made some comment about how they are going to bring this trend to the states. One even went as far as to say that he was going to run for a legislative position and his first duty would be to allow beer in mcdonalds.
So to compare: French McDonalds have generally the same menu items. They do have a "Royal Delux" it has some different special sauce on it. This is what I ordered and it was fantastic! They have all the frappes and things that are becoming popular in the states. Their website is fairly similar to the United States website...only it's in French. French people enjoy their McDonalds just as much as Americans do. I mean we are students will walk 45 minutes to the closed McDonalds...that is saying something.



1 comment:

  1. nice pics - but I still think "Pulp Fiction" at some of your comments (particularly the beer notes) - not your fault.

    ReplyDelete